Partner
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
  One spectacular failure and ...
It was rather dull evening - a lone vehicle occasionally passing by, a gloomy dull silence filling the vacuum. I and partner were sitting in run down restaurant, nibbling some junk food.
Partner was also in rather odd mood today, largely quiet. I was doing most of the talking.
I: The weather is quite dull today, isn't it?
Partner: Hmmm.. yea.
I: So what's the plan for weekend?
Partner: Naah. Nothing much.
I: Why? No debating club meetings? any movie? grabbing a good book at the library? Catching some interesting event in the city?
Partner: No, nothing.
I: What happened?
Partner: Huh .. I am just bored, dead bored.
I: Hey ... It is so not you. I have seen many saying they'd like to live the life to the fullest, but I haven't met any who actually does that only except you. You live such an exciting life. All the time I wish only if I could live a life half as fascinating as yours.
Partner: Well, I don't know. I don't feel like doing anything these days.
I: I am sorry man. I feel sad for you.

And suddenly partner looked up at me with glare in his eye ..
I saw what was coming.

Partner: Hey ..I am just bored dude. I am not sad or disappointed, just bored to the core.
I: Feeling lonely?
Partner: Nopes. In fact, I kind of feel lucky that I am not alone. I am so free, so independent. Being bored is so much better and healthier state of mind than being miserable. I could really never have tied myself down into mundane family life. This is so much better.
I: So what are you bored of?
Partner: I'm bored of people around me. People live as if they are trying to prove a point.
I: Which point?
Partner: That there sad pathetic lives have some deeper meaning and that they matter. I mean how hard it is to accept that none of us really matter. We are not here to win or lose. we are here to live. There are only two kinds of people in the world are - those who live life and those who don't.
I: Interesting. So no winners, no losers, huh?
Partner: .. and most people choose not to live life. Instead, they want to be winner in the game that nobody ever wins or loses. These people make themselves busy in activities that they otherwise would not do just to run away from facts of life which they don't want to face. I took the life head-on and beat the crap out of it. Today, I chuckle when I see everybody around me trying to stay afloat. I pity them when I see them struggle to extract happiness out of every tiny little byte of life and yet end up being miserable with the feeling that their friends and relatives are happier than they themselves. The fact is, collectively, we have created this stinking corpse of society where everybody wants to be the center of attention, everybody wants to prove himself, everybody wants to soothe his ego, wants to be respected and given importance, but no one wants to do the same things to others. Result - everybody is competing for that delusional happiness which no one ever going to get.
I: So why do you care? Why are you upset?
Partner: No, I am not upset. Hell, why do I care? I am just bored of such people. But I will get over it. It happens to me occasionally. There is so much more to learn in life, so much more to read, so much more to look forward to, so much more to live. Hey, and you are always a fabulous company to hang out with.
I: Touche.
Partner: You know what, when I think of the past I always feel happy having made such an important decision.
I: Which decision?
Partner: I was involved in someone once. I was slowly wearing myself away over her. But when I lost my love, I discovered my true passions, I regained my life and my freedom.
I: Hmm..
Partner: I know I am never going to fail myself. So I involve me in myself - much like an artist or a scientist. One spectacular failure and I learned the most important lesson of my life - involvement kills.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:
Location: Thane, India
Archives
April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / September 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / September 2008 / December 2008 / March 2009 / August 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]